Responsible for the strategic management and execution of projects, from the time of conceptualization to the completion of the project. This will revolve around factors such as: economic estimation, timeframes, assets, resourcing, problem solving and enforcing strategies to avoid obstacles that could negatively impact plan execution. In addition, the role is required to develop and maintain a professional relationship among the team members to ensure collaboration and project progress.
The role is required to facilitate proper functioning of the project, especially at the time of initiation of the project. It is tasked with developing and making appropriate use of the project plans with a view to ascertain and examine its constraints, deliverables, critical paths, and dependencies ensuring projects are completed within the stipulated time frames and within budget.
The Business Project Manager role is also responsible for closing out the project upon completion and recording instructions and outcomes/lessons learned during the project for reference on future projects.
Key Role Accountabilities:
• Lead a team of business analysts,
• Develop strategic project plans, outline needed tasks and implement the objectives of the plan
• Effectively supervise the dynamics of the project team to ensure that all stakeholders, team members, and other related personnel are aware of their respective responsibilities and duties regarding their respective participation on and obligations to the agreed project plan
• Determine project targets and objectives for the team
• Ongoing evaluation of process/project improvements and recommendation of required change management
• Resolving, determining, rationalizing, tracking, and handling the risks and problems that may arise during the working of the project and advise senior management accordingly
• Disseminate, on a timely basis during the operation of the project, all project-related information (including but not limited to project status, actions arising, challenges/commensurate solutions needing approval) to the team and stakeholders
• Manage any variance or divergence from the project plans
• Design and enhance the project plans as they move from one developmental phase to another
• Drive on-going communication among team members to ensure cohesive participation of all members to progress targets
• Lead and coordinates project team meetings so as to develop agreements and solutions for challenges/impediments to the project plan targets
• Oversee the economics of the project plan as well as ensuring no unauthorized charges are applied to the advancement of the project
• Liaise with Finance on an on-going basis regarding project budget/expenses/address any anomalies
• Recording instructions and outcomes/lessons during the project for reference on future projects
Minimum Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of Insurance Broking Industry.
• Experience relating to the design, operation and delivery of project plans within established timeframes and within budget
• Demonstrated track record in aligning product and business strategies and of successful plan delivery.
• Demonstrated track record of driving high impact projects that require strategic thinking, analysis, business planning and execution.
• Excellent relationship management and teamwork skills with proven ability to operate in a global, matrixed team environment.
• Proficiency in tools such as Microsoft Project and other Office tools.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Degree level preferred
• PMP Certification and Lean Six Sigma and knowledge/experience of Agile methodology a plus